- “Composting Troubleshooting,” by Jenny Seitz
Compost is a great natural fertilizer for your garden but sometimes you may notice decomposition is not happening as expected. Here’s a short list of common challenges with possible causes and solutions. Read more in this PDF.
- “Getting Started with Homegrown Tomatoes in North Florida,” by Karl Miller
For many fruit and vegetable gardeners, few accomplishments match the thrill of pulling a ripe four-inch diameter tomato off the vine. Read a few basics for those new to tomator gardening in this PDF.
- “Small Space and Apartment Gardening: Simple Tips for Success,” by Emma Crawford and Melissa DeSa
Container gardening is a functional, decorative and space-saving measure for any gardening situation. Read more in this PDF.
- “Saving Seeds from Brassicas and Lettuces,” by Melissa DeSa
A long-term goal of Grow Gainesville is to foster an appreciation and knowledge for the art of saving garden seeds. Read more in this PDF.
- “Seed Starting 101,” by Haley West, Comet Farms
Starting your own plants from seed may seem like a simple task, but there are many factors to be considered for healthy and successful plants. Read more in this PDF.